Missing a sneaky lunchtime sweet treat? Whether you’re back at work or still at home, these bars from famous British café Pret A Manger. make the ideal mid-work snack.
Why not pair them with your own version of the posh cheese and pickle baguette too?
Looking for more Pret A Manger recipes? For the dark chocolate chunk cookies click here and Pret’s choc bar click here.
• 50g golden syrup
• 1tbsp clear honey
• 200g unsalted butter
• 350g rolled oats
• 150g unsalted butter
• 150g dark brown sugar
• 397 g condensed milk
• A pinch of salt
• 35g pumpkin seeds
• 24g dark chocolate chips
• 35g shelled pistachio nuts
• 35g chopped almonds
• Preheat the oven to 150˚C.
• Grease and line a 23cm square baking tin.
• Warm the syrup, honey and butter in a large pan over a low heat until blended.
• Add to the oats and soft brown sugar and mix well, until fully combined.
• Press the mixture into your baking tray.
• Bake for 20 mins or until the surface is golden.
• Allow to cool.
• Make the caramel topping by heating the dark brown sugar and butter in a non-stick pan and gently stir until melted.
• Add the condensed milk milk and bring to boil, stirring continuously.
• Add the salt and cook for 1 min or until caramel has thickened.
• Pour the caramel over the oat base and spread lightly with a palette knife.
• While still warm sprinkle over seeds, nuts and chocolate.
• Allow to cool and cut into squares.
For more recipes visit timeoutdubai.com/topics/recipes