Marina Social Dubai’s head chef Will Stanyer shares a fancy banana-based pudding that's ideal for a dinner at home.
• 200ml milk
• 550ml double cream
• 250g banana flesh (preferably over-ripe)
• 200g caster sugar
• 10g gelatine (soaked in cold water)
• Bring the milk, cream and sugar to a boil and immediately remove from the heat.
• Squeeze out any excess water from the gelatine, then add to this mix.
• Add the banana flesh, then blend using a hand blender and pass through a sieve.
• Pour into glass serving bowls, and set in the fridge for around 8 hours, or until set – it should have a slight wobble.
• 100g ground almonds
• 100g plain flour
• 125g unsalted butter (cold and diced)
• 110g demerara sugar (caster or granulated will also be fine)
• 25g black sesame seeds
• 50g rolled oats
• Place all of the in ingredients into a mixing bowl, and using your fingers, gently work the mix together until it resembles the consistency of bread crumbs.
• Spread evenly onto a baking tray and bake at 180˚C for around six minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
• To serve, spoon on a generous layer of the crumble mix on top of the panna cotta.
• Cut the strawberries into quarters and dust with icing sugar and add a squeeze of lime juice.
• Place these on top of the crumble, and finish with some small mint leaves for decoration.
For more recipes click here.