Worked your way through your recipe books? If you’re wondering what to bake next, why not try this tasty and sweet honey butter cake from Lurpak.
Time Out Dubai, in association with Lurpak, has recently launched the brand-new baking contest Rate My Bake.
Whether you're crazy-good at cupcakes or fantastic at foccacia, we want to see your offerings. Tag us @timeoutdubai_food and send your photos to email@example.com to get our judges ratings on your creations. Click here for more.
For the cake
• 350g Lurpak Unsalted Butter, very soft but not melted
• 325g caster sugar
• 2 tbps runny honey
• 350g plain flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tsp mixed spice
• 2 tbsp finely grated orange zest
• 6 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
• 225g Lurpak Unsalted Butter, softened
• 225g cream cheese
• 2 tsp vanilla essence
• 500g icing sugar
• 1 orange, peeled and segmented
• 8 strawberries, halves
• 10 small mint leaves
• Preheat oven to 170°C. Line two 23 cm cake tins with baking paper.
• Place all the cake ingredients in the bowl of a standing electric mixer or large bowl and beat for one to two minutes, until the batter is smooth.
• Divide the batter evenly between the prepared tins and smooth the tops. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cakes are golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Cool in the tins for five minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack.
• To prepare the icing; beat together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla essence until well mixed. Gradually beat in the icing sugar until light and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
• When the cakes are completely cold, sandwich together with half of the icing. Top with the remaining icing and decorate with orange segments, strawberries and mint leaves.